What Is Google Ads?
Google Ads is an online advertising platform developed by Google, where advertisers bid to display brief advertisements, service offerings, product listings, or videos to web users. It can place ads both in the results of search engines like Google Search and on non-search websites, mobile apps, and videos.
How Google Ads Works?
Google Ads works on an auction system, which takes place every time a user performs a keyword search. The Google Ads auction is focused around keywords – advertisers choose a list of keywords to target that are relevant to their business offerings, the words that people are most likely to use when searching for their product. They then bid on these keywords, basing each bid on how much they are willing to pay for a Google user to click on their ad.
Why use Google Search Ads?
Because you can target very specifically what people are looking for.
Essentially, Google ads can help you to increase sales or leads or both. The beauty of Google ads is that when people go to Google, they’re looking for something specific. That means they have intent. They’re actively looking for something to buy. They’re literally telling you what they want to buy by typing out words around your products and services. You can promote your products and services and target exactly what people are looking for.
Google Ads is immensely helpful for businesses who want to get a return on their investment and increase their business results.
What type of ads and campaigns can I use?
- Campaign Type and different types of targeting
- Search campaigns
- Targeting: (search keywords targeting)
- Ad types:
- Expanded Search Ads
- Dynamic Search Ads
- Responsive Search Ads
- Display Campaigns
- Targeting: (no search keywords, based on intent, audiences/ website users, demographic, web placement)
- Ad types:
- Static banner ads
- Dynamic ads
- Shopping Campaigns
- Targeting: (no keywords, Shopping ads use the product attributes that you defined in your Merchant Center data feed to show your ads on relevant searches)
- Ad types
- Shopping ads
- Youtube Campaigns
- Targeting: (based on intent, audiences/ website users, demographic, YouTube video placement)
- Ad types
- Skippable video ads
- Non-skippable video ads
- Bumper ads
- Overlay ads
A Search Ads Main Components
The ad headline is the first thing you see on a Google ad as it has the largest text size. Incorporating relevant keywords will attract attention from high-intent searchers and increase CTR.
Google allows up to 3 headlines, each up to 30 characters.
Description text helps highlight the most important details about your product or service and why search users should click through. Google Ads allow max 90 characters.
Search ads example
Display ads example
Shopping ads example
Who will see my search ads?
The ads will be shown to the users who are searching for the keywords you are targeting in the campaign.
Also, the bid and the quality score will determine if your ad will be shown or not.
Do Google Ads really work?
Yes, Google ads work, as it targets users with high purchase intention.
Ask yourself these questions first?
- Are your potential customers searching in Google for the products and services you want to sell?
- Does your business have a good margin on the products or services to cover the advertising costs?
- If not, are you able to sell multiple times to the same customer and convert the advertising costs?
- Are your website pages optimised to convert customers?
If you answer ‘yes’ to these questions, Google Ads will absolutely work for you and is a solution that can help increase your revenues and profits exponentially.
Benefits of google ads?
- You can track and measure the performance: you’ll be able to track every valuable action and how much you are spending to generate revenues.
- Control your costs: you can decide how much you want to spend.
- Predict future monthly performance: Once it is set up you can predict the forecasted results in the next months, based on previous performance.
- Increase sales and leads consistently.
Do you want to run profitable Google ads campaigns? We can help!